4.16.2013

Cottage Style Party #40




So I'm driving down the road on my way to work.


It's trash day, so my eyes are darting back and forth from curb to road to curb and back.


Then I spot this on the side of the road.







Only it had stuff piled on top of it but I could see just enough

to make me slam on my brakes and pull over.





In my head I am picturing doing this with the fence:






So I throw it in the back of my truck and continue on my way to work.




I'm thinking it will look great weaving its way through my flowers and 

distracting my eye from my neighbors ugly chain link fence.




It's already working and my flowers are just starting to fill in!



Oh, and I also found this chippy painted chair:





Just needs a cushion and some fresh paint!



I did pay for the picnic hamper at a flea market.


Shhh...it wasn't much...








What kinds of bargains have you found on the curb?


That is, if you are a curb jockey...ha!














Welcome to this weeks 



Cottage Style Party!






Spring is back on track here in at the cottage!


It looks like spring is making an appearance at your cottage also!



Finally, huh?







First let me say, can you believe those shingles on this cottage?

YUM!

Kathy always has something cute going on over at her blog

A Delightsome Life and this porch is no exception!




Bop on over to see more details of her welcoming porch!








This guest room is so cozy and warm looking!

I could easily spend the night here..hint, hint...ha!



Stop over to Christine's blog,  Christine's Home and Travel Adventures, to see

 more of her lovely guest room (in Florida, where I will be staying next winter!)

and closeups of that amazing French spread!








I am loving this beach cottage decor!


Shells, starfish, candles, driftwood...I am ready for summer!



Drop in to Friendship, Life and Style blog to see more beach cottage style!












































Thanks for stopping by!

 Please visit these wonderful bloggers 

and their fabulous blogs 

to see what they are up to:






















15 comments:

  1. Great finds. Love the fence and I have a chair just like that only it's a rocker. We aren't allowed to put things like that out with our garbage. Just what fits in the cans. Everything else we take to thrift stores or the dump. Boy, would I ever be out hunting on garbage day if we did. Thanks for hosting.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Curb jockey"! LOVE that, Deb! lol! Much more chic than "dumpster diva". lolol! And what person in their right mind would throw out such a charming fence AND chair??? Those are both great finds!!! :)

    xoox laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could find fun curb finds! Love your fencing! Thanks for hosting :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds....thanks for hosting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fence is great, you have such an eye to find the perfect item!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for hosting this so nice party ! I love this kind of fence (very very French !)

    xoxo from PARIS

    Joëlle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds and very creative photos for ODW ~ ^_^

    ps. I am throwing out lots to make my house more 'zen' like inside and out ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny about the fencing, sooooo me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job finding that fencing and chair...woo hoo! :) Thanks for the party. Hope you're having a nice week. I've posted the new Homemaking Party for the week and would love to have you link up, if you'd like!

    Blessings,
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I just discovered your blog through Trans. Thurs. over at Shabby Creek Cottage and love it! I am joining your party for the first time. It is so fun to find a blog about cottage style living. You hit the jackpot with your sweet treasures. Love the chair and the fence is just what you needed to trump the ugly chain link. Following! Blessings, Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for share this post I also share with you something hope you like my post. Before committing to a trade exhibition or any event in fact, have you ever asked the question ‘Why are we doing this?’ It’s essential to understand why you’re attending any event as your objectives will guide you on how best to maximise resources. Are you exhibiting to promote, network, increase leads, build relationships, educate, sell, celebrate, etc.? ’We always attend this show’ isn’t a good enough reason! Tell the staff the reason why your company is exhibiting too and make sure they’re geared up to help your organisation achieve its aims. Thanks
    Party Rentals Clearwater

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had some very sweet finds there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that vintage wicker chair. What a fabulous find! I am happy to be joining your party this week and I am your newest follower too.

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your find - so cool! You are such a dear to share my Front Porch Sprucing - I'll be sharing a Front Porch Tea at your next party - loving the sweet spring outdoors -
    Hugs,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Deb, what would we do without the parties! Thanks for hosting each week. Such inspiration to be found here!

    Peace,
    Linda and Jeannie at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!