9.30.2014

Cottage Style Party & Thrifty Kitchen Update



Last fall I sold my kitchen table and chairs.
I found 2 retro stools and ate at my rolling butcher block kitchen island all winter.
This past spring I sold the stools and ate outside all summer.

I was worried I wouldn't find a kitchen table before the yard sales and flea markets ended this fall.
Then I found this at the Goodwill last weekend…for $7.
Yep, $7!


It has a nice weather worn patina and folds down for storage.




It also has some cracks and it has a hold for an umbrella.

Yippee! 
Indoor picnics all winter!



I've had the chairs for years and was looking for a table for them.
This table looks right at home in my kitchen!



I covered the umbrella hole with a tarnished silver-plate tray and some things I had around the house.



Those pears are everywhere!


This is a smaller version of the chalkboard I had here all winter.
Yep, sold this summer to a little girl who loved it!



I decided to follow my advice on the chalkboard and reward myself with a little cup of tea.



I love this $7 table even with its creeks and cracks.
Maybe in January I'll put up the beach umbrella I keep in my truck for antique shows!

Indoor picnic in January!

Woot!





Hello Friends!

Welcome to this week's

Cottage Style Party

#115



As September winds down I'm gearing up for my last antique show this weekend.
It's always a bittersweet time as I have a love/hate with doing the shows.
I love talking to the vendors and customers and being outside all day.
Yes, even at 5 am.

But I hate the mess in my house before the show and really hate the mess after which takes a week to clean up.
I also hate all the lifting & loading & unloading.

Bittersweet love/hate.

Like everyone else I'll be switching over to indoor activities soon.
Thankfully I have cable!


Any thing you have a bittersweet love/hate relationship with?



Let's get started!





I am so in love with these hand painted pumpkins!
They started out as plain white pumpkins from Michaels.


Stop by Paula's blog Locksley Lane to see the before, during and afters on these wonderful pumpkins!
I am feeling inspired to create my own striped, checked and polka dot pumpkins!










I just love Fabby's Blue Onion dishes table setting!
How pretty is that gourd filled Delft centerpiece and those cupcake stands with tiny pumpkins?



Visit Fabby's blog Fabby's Living to see her whole table with lace tablecloth. And don't miss her Harvest Pumpkin Chocolate Cake with yummy recipe!






I love Celeste's wooly pumpkins!
So cute with real pumpkin stems and balanced on pedestals!



Drop in to her blog The Victorian Tailor to see more of her hand made pumpkins in earthy colors.
Some of these pumpkins are even accessorized!
Totally cute!







If you were featured, don't
forget your button!

Deb


































Thanks for stopping by!


Please visit these wonderful bloggers
and their fabulous blogs
to see what they are up to:

http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com

8 comments:

  1. Good evening, Deb. Thanks for hosting the blog party. That table is wonderful, and it goes with the chairs so well! Congrats on such a great find! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute solution for your kitchen table! I can imagine an old umbrella stripped to the frame with torn cotton ribbons tied all over it. Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new kitchen table is perfect and looks right at home in your kitchen! I love your little setting and how you covered the umbrella whole...and for $7?!...you can't go wrong! Congrats!
    Thank you so much for featuring my rosary table, I'm so excited! Thank you so much for your kindness and support; this makes me feel like going on blogging for a long time!
    Thank you for hosting again and have a blessed week sweet lady.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like you I have a love/hate relationship with our empty-your-attic sales: I love finding great stuff for cheap, I hate trying to find a parking space, I love meeting nice people there, I hate having to find a place for everything I find in my Cottage ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like your table and fits so nicely in your kitchen. All linked up and thanks for the party. I hope you'll join my monthly party this Sunday. Great features too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same old table! Can you believe it? http://blog.bernideens.com/2015/08/under-lace-umbrella-for-tea-in-garden.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The guideline viability of a private look that can help you generally keep, prepared yourself just as cause segments diet system just as to perform like endeavors similarly as with dishwashing.how to reset ring motion sensor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!